saturday 23rd june 2018
Each year we hold a Summer Party for residents and their guests. It's a fabulous day featuring inflatables, games and other activities for the kids, pony rides, great food and culminating in a barbecue and live band in the evening. Residents are very welcome to bring guests to make a day of it. This year the date has been set for Saturday 23rd June. The main events include:
- 12pm - 6pm: Traversing Wall, Obstacle Course, Football and Basketball Shootout, Fairground Side Stalls and other garden games
- 12pm - 6pm: Face Painters and Spray-Art Tattooists
- 3pm - 5pm: Pony Rides. Over 3 years only and shoes must be worn. There will be a ticketing system introduced and each child must have a ticket to ride.
- 2pm - 7pm: Food by Farmdrop, the ethical grocer and the Piccadilly Whip Ice-Cream Van
- 6pm: Barbecues will be lit - bring your own steaks and sausages.
- 7pm - 10pm: Live Music - this year with the Rabscallion Ceilidh Band !
The Cake Stall will be back again this year, raising money for the Red Cross. If anybody would like to contribute a cake, brownies or other baked goods, contact Jan Stern on firstname.lastname@example.org.
You can download the flier here. It's always a great day. Feel free to invite your friends and pray for sunshine!
shakespeare in the garden
After the great success of Romeo and Juliet last year, Shakespeare in the Squares will be returning on 6th July to regale us with As You Like It. Tickets are now on sale at www.shakespearecrescent2018.eventbrite.co.uk, get in quick as tickets sell fast. You can download the flier here.
Each year in summer we erect a big screen in the garden and put on a movie for residents. Last year was Monty Python's Life of Brian. Expect another classic this year - more news closer to Summer