Saturday 4th November 2017
Our next big event is Fireworks Night, which will take place on Saturday 4th November. In addition to the usual fantastic fireworks display at 7.30pm, there will also be a large bonfire, and a competition for the best Guy – bring your entries along before 6.30 pm !
The timetable of events is as follows:
- 6.30 pm – Best Guy competition will be judged
- 6.30 pm – Hot Food Stand opens – Jack’s Taste of Texas !
- 6.45 pm – Lighting of the bonfire
- 7.15 pm – Gate on Warrington Crescent will be locked and paths cleared around south end of garden
- 7.30pm – Fireworks Display
- 8.00 pm – Warrington Crescent gate will be unlocked for exit only
- 8.30 pm – Food Stand closes
- 11.00pm – Bonfire will be extinguished and Garden will be cleared of all participants
For the security of all residents, this year we will be continuing with the security arrangements that have worked well in recent years. The arrangements will be as follows:
- Access to the garden will be restricted to resident garden keyholders and their accompanied guests. If your guests are not accompanied by a keyholder they will be refused entry to the garden.
- Access to the garden will be via the gates on Warrington Crescent and Randolph Avenue only. These gates will be manned by security guards who will check garden keys. The Warrington Crescent gate will be locked from 7.15 – 8pm. The gate on Randolph Avenue will be accessible all evening.
- The gate on Randolph Crescent will be padlocked shut from 3pm on Saturday until Sunday morning. There will be no exit or entry possible through this gate.
- The gate on Warrington Crescent will be locked during the firework display, from 7.15pm – 8pm. During this time residents can only exit through the Randolph Avenue gate. After 8pm people will be able to exit through the Warrington Crescent gate as well.
- This year there will be a Food Stand run by Jack’s Taste of Texas. People will be able to buy hotdogs, burgers, pulled pork and beef brisket buns, water and soft drink between 6.30 and 8.30 pm. Residents are welcome to bring their own refreshments, but please don’t bring any glass (bottles or glasses) into the garden as if it breaks, with the huge crowd in the dark people will undoubtedly be injured .
- For reasons of safety, the bonfire will be surrounded by a security fence for the duration of the evening and the fire will be extinguished at 11 pm
- No private fireworks are permitted (although sparklers are allowed), and please do not put wood on the bonfire.
There will be a total of 6 security personnel (stewards) engaged for the evening. They will man the entry gate, patrol the garden to keep the paths clear leading up to and during the firework display, and clear the garden at the end of the evening. The stewards will also be available in case of any trouble on the night. The stewards are there to ensure everyone’s evening is safe and enjoyable, so please follow their instructions. In particular, the fireworks can’t start until the paths at the south end of the garden are cleared, so please vacate them by 7.15. Residents down this end of the garden are asked to stay within their gardens for the duration of the display.
There will also be a first aid officer and a local Police Community Support Officer on duty.
If you need to obtain a garden key, or if you need to arrange access for disabled persons, please contact Aaron Landeryou or Crispin Samson-Bancroft at Westbourne Estates on 020 36260094.
We hope you all have a great time. Pray for a rainless night. You can see the BBC four-day weather forecast for London by clicking here
Christmas Carols - 6th Dec 2017
The date for the Christmas Carols in the Garden has been set as 6th of December. More details closer to the date.
Summer Party - 2018
Each year we hold a Summer Party for residents and their guests. It is usually the last Saturday in June but we will advise of the date a little closer to the time.