The Garden Committee runs three annual events in the Garden – the Summer Party in late June, Fireworks Night in November and Christmas Carols in mid-December.
The Summer Party is to take place on Saturday 25th June. The main events of the day are:
- 12.00 – 6.00 – Bouncy Castles and soft play area (up to age 5 only)
- 12.00 – 6.00 – Face Painters and Spray Art Tattoos
- 12.00 – 6.00 – Inflatables
- 12.00 – 6.00 – Beach balls, Hover Disks and other Garden Games
- 3.00 – 5.00 – Pony Rides (only for ages 3 – 10)
- 2.00 – 7.00 – Hamburgers, Hot Dogs, Pulled Pork and Beef Brisket sandwiches for sale
- 2.00 – 4.00 Ice Cream Van
- 6.00 – Barbecues will be lit – bring your own steaks and sausages
- 7.00 – 10.00 – Swing Band – The One Eyed Cats
For the Pony Rides, shoes must be worn and it will only be for children over 3 years old. There will be a ticketing system again this year after last year’s success in avoiding long queues. Each child must have a ticket to ride. Tickets will be free and will have a set time on them, and they will be distributed at 10am on the day under the willow tree at the Clifton Gardens end of the garden. There will be a strict limit of one per child I’m afraid.
The cake stall will return this year, raising money for charity. Anybody who would like to contribute a cake please e-mail Jan Stern on email@example.com.
A couple of things to particularly point out from the schedule for those for whom this is their first Summer Party:
- The Face Painters and Spray Tattoos are particularly popular and have long queues, as they are quite labour intensive. So we would recommend going early if you don’t want to spend a large portion of your day queuing with your child
- The swing/jive band The One Eyed Cats are great fun. Take a look at their website here to see the treat you have in store for you. They will start at 7pm and play a number of sets with breaks in between. There will also be a marquee to dance in should you wish to show off your moves, so make sure you bring your dancing shoes.
It’s always a great day. Feel free to invite your friends and pray for sunshine. You can check the BBC Weather forecast by clicking here.